The history of the NCJW South Cook Section began in 1921 when the Ladies Aid Society of Beth Israel Congregation joined NCJW as the Chicago Heights Section. The primary purpose was to provide Jewish religious education. The newly organized NCJW Chicago Heights Section, acting as the Congregation Sisterhood, taught in the Religious School for the next twenty years. Additionally, NCJW was actively involved in community activities and political action.
In 1958 the Chicago Heights Section name was changed to the NCJW South Cook Section. Another local Section formed in 1949 as the NCJW Park Forest Section became the NCJW Lincolnway Section in 1971. Both NCJW South Cook and NCJW Lincolnway Sections worked together combining their efforts on a number of projects over the years merging in 1981.
In 2021 NCJW Sough Cook Section celebrated 100 years of service to our South Suburban communities. Today, members across the country are dedicated to improving the quality of life for all.Learn More About Us